Zizzi-journalism-article1119

This week I found an interesting article on National Geographic titled, “Is Trophy Hunting Helping Save African Elephants? This headline grabbed my attention mainly because of my interest in this subject and love for this type of research. I am an avid reader of National Geographic and would love to conduct this type of research and write about these studies for my career someday. I have a strong interest in international, cultural and environmental studies in journalism and would love to work for a news outlet like Discovery or National Geographic. This article is very important and relates to what we discussed in class regarding false information with no credibility that circulates to readers and is passed along on social media and places like that. I remember reading many controversial comments and arguments on social media about this topic. Many people’s views seemed to be misinformed or based off of non-credible sources. This article from National Geographic disproves people’s theories and false information and provides the facts. It’s a great read about very important wildlife information and provides interesting stats and facts.

Source:

Cruise, Adam. “Is Trophy Hunting Helping Save African Elephants?” National Geographic. National Geographic Society. 17 November 2015. Web. 19 November 2015. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151715-conservation-trophy-hunting-elephants-tusks-poaching-zimbabwe-namibia/