When I Walk: visiting filmmaker and screening, Institute on Disabilities series

“When I Walk” Film Screening and Discussion

Mr. DaSilva will present his film “When I Walk,” a poignant autobiographical journey of the young filmmaker after his diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.

– Official Selection of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival
– Best Canadian Feature, HotDocs 2013

Presented by Jason DaSilva, Filmmaker, Producer, Director

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4
9:30 AM – NOON (Registration begins at 8:30 AM)
Registration is recommended.

“The Reel” Cinema
Lower Level, Howard Gittis Student Center South
Temple University

To view a trailer of the film: www.wheniwalk.com

PHOTO: jhlkjhlk Mr. DaSilva has been a prolific filmmaker, directing four short films: OLIVIA’S PUZZLE, premiered at the 2003 Sundance Festival and qualified for an Academy Award; A SONG FOR DANIEL; TWINS OF MANKALA; and FIRST STEPS; and two feature-length documentary films: LEST WE FORGET and WHEN I WALK. Three of his films have had national broadcasts on PBS, HBO, and CBC. He also produced “Shocking and Awful,” a film installation on the anti-Iraq war movement, exhibited at the 2006 Whitney Biennial.  Jason earned a Masters in Fine Arts in Applied Media Arts from Emily Carr University.

1 thought on “When I Walk: visiting filmmaker and screening, Institute on Disabilities series

1. Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.