Environmental Professional Certificate

Are you interested in getting some extra training to prepare yourself to work in Environmental Consulting?  Consider signing up for the Environmental Professional certificate.  You will need to complete the Hazwoper training course and a 1 cr field methods course.  Then you need to select at least three more electives that relate to the certificate, such as a second hydrology course.  A summary of the course options is provided below.

For questions about the certificate, contact Dr Laura Toran.

Course number & title Elective/Required Credits Pre-requisites
EES 5454 Introduction to Geophysics E  4 Permission of instructor is required for UG enrollment
EES 3021

Groundwater Hydrology*

E  4 EES 2001

Math 1022 or higher

EES 3025 Physical Hydrology* E  4 EES 2001

Math 1022 or higher

EES 3011 GIS/Remote Sensing E  4
EES 2061

Introduction to Geochemistry

E  4 EES 2001

Chem 1031 or higher

EES 2065 Nanogeoscience and Technology E  4 EES 2001

Chem 1032 or higher

EES 2031 Introduction to Field Methods in the Earth and Environmental Sciences% R  1 EES 2001
ENVS 3027 HAZWOPER and the Regulatory Environment% R  3 EES 2001

EES3021 or EES 3025

Chem 1031, Chem 1032


*Only one hydro course can count in the certificate, but you must have taken both hydro courses to apply one as an elective in the certificate (in other words, you must meet your major hydro requirement and take a 2nd hydro course if you want to count for the certificate).
% These courses only count in the certificate or as a university elective, not for major elective credit.