Acceptance into the Emerging STEM Scholars program is competitive.
To see if you are eligible to apply, answer the following questions:
- Are you an incoming freshman majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry within the College of Science and Technology at Temple University?
- Are you a US Citizen or Permanent Resident?
- Are you eligible for financial aid based on your FAFSA (The Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
If you answered yes to these three questions, you are eligible to apply for the Emerging STEM Scholars Program. If you are accepted, you will receive financial and academic support for as long as you stay in the program, up to 4 years.
The Application Process:
- You are required to submit an application package which will include information about yourself, your academic history, and an essay detailing your educational and career goals, how you feel this program will benefit you, and what you plan to bring to the project. The application package is available here. Please fill out the application online. Once it is completed, click submit at the bottom of the page.
- If your application is reviewed and you are deemed eligible, you will be selected for the interviewing process which will occur during the summer.
Once you are an Emerging STEM Scholar, you must stay within your selected major, complete the necessary classes required of the program, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in all science and tech classes in order to remain a participant.