1. RAM stores information that is processed by the computer that is active by the processor but can be modified by the CPU
– Disk space is about 100 times cheaper per byte than RAM but accessing information is slower due to the capacity of memory it can contain
– Logic gates are created on IC circuits (Integrated circuits) often called chips or microchips
2. RAM has 2 different types of secondary storage, the magnetic disk aka hand disk or hard drive and flash memory which can also be called solid state disk. Both of these can store way more information than the RAM.
Links to an external site.
– Gives the differences to both memories