Here are some resources we will be using this year!
- Starfall will help you learn your letters, sounds, and how to read.
- We will use YouTube to listen to songs and practice new vocabulary!
- ELLO will help us to practice our listening in English.
- Newsela is a website we will use to read news articles made for kids!
- Google Classroom is where all of your homework and assignments will be posted for the year.
Here are eight things I believe about you…
- I believe you are smart. You are capable of GREAT things!
- I believe you are a linguist. You speak TWO languages!
- I believe you will soon read books in Spanish AND English.
- I believe you will write in English to express your ideas.
- I believe you can grow to listen and comprehend English.
- I believe you can speak English by practicing and asking for help.
- I believe you can be independent and share knowledge with others.
- I believe you can reach your goals! 🙂
Here are three things about me….
- I was born in Philadelphia. I grew up in Pakistan. (Can you find Pakistan on the map?)
- My parents live in Malaysia. (Can you find Malaysia on the map?)
- I love animals!
Welcome to ESL!
My name is Ms. DeHart and I will be your English teacher this year.
I believe that you can be successful if you try your best. Yes, you can!