Some of the CUFBA schools write newsletters that come out each month, or quarter, or semester. Newsletters are a great way to:
- Share information about your work such as clients served, food distributed, volunteer hours, donations received, or other metrics.
- Recognize your staff and/or volunteers.
- Provide lists of food items or other supplies you need.
- Offer other resources (beyond your services) to clients or community members.
- Communicate updates such as changes in location, procedure, eligibility requirements, etc.
- List distribution times and/or locations.
- Help people learn how they can volunteer or donate.
- Whatever else you can dream up.
Here is a great example of a pantry newsletter from Michigan State University.
Originally published by Clare Cady March 10, 2015