Monday through Friday, June 3 – 14, 2019; 1-4 pm (room available until 5 pm)
Location: Temple University Main Campus (Room To Be Determined)
Cost: $300 per student
Who is invited:
- Primarily graduate students completing their first year and beginning research
- More senior graduate students looking to improve their knowledge
- Advanced undergraduates
- Active researchers looking to improve their computing skills
What attendees can expect:
- Breadth of knowledge in computing and statistics
- Practice in the topics covered
- Lecture notes as a central reference
- Exposure to advanced and current topics
- Connections to other students
- Exposure to other disciplines
- A certificate showing satisfactory performance/participation
- Provide graduate students with a broad overview of common tools and practices.
- Get graduate students from across CST to meet, build interdisciplinary awareness and foster potential future collaborations.
- Save PIs time by removing the need to independently train each new graduate student.
The certificate serves as a resume item and proof of a “passing” level of involvement in the workshop.
For a detailed description of the workshop, please see https://sites.temple.edu/compstat/program-details/
For a tentative schedule for the workshop, please see
To apply to attend the workshop, please see
For additional help or questions, please email matthew.newby [at] temple.edu