Wanamaker Building

The Wanamaker building stands very tall, making it a pleasant sight to see. When you step inside, there are many things to take in. You see the grand organ, the eagle statue, and many shops that include jewelry, clothing, cosmetics, and coffee stands. These are all spaced out, so there is something to see around every corner and on every floor. The organ in the Wanamaker building is the biggest organ in the world. Visitors get to hear the organ be played twice a day, and while I was walking around I could hear the music being played. There are three floors that customers can walk around and shop if they so, please. I think the building has a lot to offer I spent about an hour and a half observing things from the first all the way to the third floor. One of the coolest things about the building is how big it is. I was not expecting such an enormous opening, considering the building is only two miles away. Another cool thing about the building is the eagle statue. For Americans during the past century, this department store was the main attraction. The eagle statue reminded me much of the centennial and how it was also such a main attraction to people. Department stores one hundred years ago were a part of a social change due to Taylorism. My experience visiting the Wanamaker building was an amazing one, and I would recommend people to go visit the building whether it be for a class or not. It was cool to see how a famous department store can relate to discussions in class.