Visiting My Revolution Site

For my revolution, the first school of medicine, I chose to visit Temple’s school of medicine, Lewis Katz School of Medicine. As I was walking to the school, I noticed that the environment was comfortable. This may because I am biased on city environments and especially since it was a medical school that I was visiting. The medical school has many floors and is a sight to see. Many students were walking in and out of the building, dressed in red scrubs, and talking about their lectures and other medical related terms.

In 1901, this school was founded as Pennsylvania’s first co-educational medical school. This medical school is one of seven medical schools in the state and on the top ten list in the United States. This school has around 700 students currently enrolled. Some may be shocked at this number, but this is simply because professional schools, especially medical schools, are very competitive. In 2014, scientists at this school were the first to extract HIV from human cells. The school is located on 3500 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140. About a thirty-minute walk away from where I currently reside on Temple’s campus.

Overall, my experience here at this medical school was a good one. I always had a passion for medicine, so visiting the school reminded me of why I am here at Temple. Sadly, I was not able to take a picture of the building because while I was walking around the building, my phone died. Technology, right? I was not able to tour the building since I am currently not a student in the medical school, but I was able to walk around the building.