CHAORAN ZHOU Chaoran.Zhou@temple.edu
1001 N 2nd Street | Philadelphia | PA | 19123 | 215.380.2337
EDUCATION: TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Actuarial science, Graduation: December 2019
Major: Actuarial science
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS:
Member, Temple University Chinese Basketball Team, April 2016 – present
Chinese national 2nd-class athlete, August 2009
EXPERIENCE: People’s Insurance Company of China (PICC), Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Intern in car insurance department July 2017 – August 2017
• Collect and analysis the data of new insurance, renewal insurance and reinsurance During the “Reform of Car Insurance Price” period, which is put forward by Chinese government.
• Make plan about how to make sure that “Usage-Base Insurance” (UBI) can be worked in China, where the automobile manufacturer does not provide the data to insurance company
• Know the different about insurance between USA and China, the different about insurance between what school taught and real company.
Sheraton, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China Server, Feast Restaurant October 2015 – November 2015
• Manage 53 tables for international buffet and à la carte. Check with customers to ensure service is good enough and take action to correct any problems
• Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables and desserts, according to supervisors’ instructions. Making plan about position of food to make sure costumers can get food easily.
• Deliver food to room in 20 minutes after order. Do everything customers asked to make sure customers are enjoyable and join good time of room servers.
SKILLS & LANGUAGES:
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Chinese – fluent