Connect with others Through Gather
As a way to help attendees connect, the conference features Gather, a proximity video chat that allows users to navigate a virtual space with others and join in on conversations large or small. Attendees can chat, share resources, play games, and utilize a whiteboard. Check out the demo on Gather’s webpage and consider joining!
Gather will be open from 11:45 – 1:45 on Wednesday, January 6th and from 12:15 – 1:30 on Thursday, January 7th.
How to Use Gather
- To access gather, visit https://gather.town/app/bunrBSEBFOeXRvlk/catafc21.
- Type your name and select the camera, microphone, and speakers you wish to use. Click “Join the Gathering”
- Your browser may ask you for permission to access your camera or microphone. Grant this permission so that you can share audio and video with others in Gather.
- To move around in Gather, use the arrow keys on your keyboard. You will be able to engage with others as you move close to them.
- If you have questions while using the space, find one of the CAT staff members (we’ll have “CAT Team” next to our name).
- As you move closer to other participants in Gather, you will be able to hear and see them.
- In addition to interacting with individuals who are close to you on screen, you can make use of special areas (marked by small colored circles) for one-on-one or small group conversations.
- You can change your avatar in Gather by clicking on the avatar icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Our Gather space is designed like a park. There is a whiteboard in the park, and we encourage you to use it to share what has given you hope over the past year.
- We’ve designated spaces in the park for specific topics of discussion. As you walk through the park, you’ll see these areas labeled. Feel free to discuss these topics or just mingle with other participants. Topics include:
- Pandemic Pedagogy
- Self Care
- The CAT’s Teaching in Higher Education Certificate
- EdTech Bloopers
You can also connect with others through social media. Use and look for our hashtag #catfc21 on Instagram and Twitter. We’d love to see your post, so make sure you tag us (@TempleUCAT) on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, too. We encourage attendees to share their thoughts, find new ideas, and connect with others!
Don’t forget, we’ll be giving out prizes for the best Tweets throughout the conference. We’ll be making announcements on social media, so be sure to follow us.
We have CAT staff members waiting to answer your questions during the conference. Click on the button below to enter our help center.