Twitter Takeover #9 – Jill Curcio

This fall the Career Center is continuing the weekly Takeovers of our Twitter account by the best and brightest Temple students who will walk us through a ‘day in the life’ at their internship or job. Our ninth Takeover takes place on Tuesday, September 6 and features Temple junior Jill Curcio, a marketing intern for the Philadelphia Flyers! Learn a little more about Jill below, and make sure you’re following @templecareers on Twitter on Tuesday!

What’s your major?

I am a strategic communications major with a concentration in public relations

Where are you working this semester and what is your role? What does it usually entail?

I am interning at the Philadelphia Flyers. I am a marketing communications intern. This role entails completing PR work (press releases, media clippings, pitch letters) all of my work goes toward the efforts of the marketing team.

How did you find out about this opportunity?

I found out about this opportunity through PRSSA. My supervisor was a guest speaker during one of the meetings clubs. After her presentation, I emailed her asking her about future opportunities. The power of networking!

Where are you from?

I am from Staten Island, New York.

What are your professional goals – a career in a particular industry, a graduate degree in a specific field, etc.?

I am aspiring PR professional. I hope to one-day work in crisis management, specially focused in healthcare. My dream job would be to work as the communications/crisis team within a hospital.

Anything else you’d like to add?

All of my success would not have been possible without my involvement in Temple. (Previous internship at the Career Center, PRSSA, PRowl)