Twitter Takeover #7 – Finnian Saylor

This summer the Career Center is featuring weekly Takeovers of our Twitter account by the best and brightest Temple students who will walk us through a ‘day in the life’ at their summer internship or job. Our sixth Takeover takes place on Tuesday, August 9 and features Temple junior Finnian Saylor, an intern for Flackable LLC – a national financial PR and digital marketing firm! Learn a little more about Finnian below, and make sure you’re following @templecareers on Twitter on Tuesday!

Saylor Finnian; Headshot

What’s your major?

I’m an advertising major with a general business studies minor.

Where are you working this summer and what is your role? What does it usually entail?

This summer I’m working at Flackable LLC, a national PR and digital marketing firm for financial institutions. As a Public Relations Intern, my duties include writing press releases, bylines, blog posts and pitches; compiling media lists; pitching clients to news outlets; and researching financial/industry trends. It’s a virtual internship, so I can work from anywhere!

How did you find out about this opportunity?

I met representatives from Flackable at the SMC Spring 2016 Career Fair!

Where are you from?

I’m from Mattawana, PA – a small farming town in Central Pennsylvania with about 300 people.

What are your professional goals – a career in a particular industry, a graduate degree in a specific field, etc.?

I plan to live in a metropolitan area and work in advertising/marketing for an agency or an in-house department where I develop brands that want to stay on the cutting edge! I’d also love to pursue a doctoral degree in media studies. I think the media has profound effects on populations and it would be fascinating to study those impacts.

Can you provide your Twitter and Instagram handles, if you have them?

Both Twitter and Instagram are @finniansaylor