Twitter Takeover #4 – Stacey Motachwa

This summer the Career Center is featuring weekly Takeovers of our Twitter account by the best and brightest Temple students who will walk us through a ‘day in the life’ at their summer internship or job. Our fourth Takeover takes place on Tuesday, July 19 and features Temple senior Stacey Motachwa, an intern for Bellevue Communications Group in Philadelphia! Learn a little more about Stacey below, and make sure you’re following @templecareers on Twitter on Tuesday!

Stacey Motachwa Picture

What’s your major here at Temple?

I’m a Strategic Communications major with a double minor in Political Science and General Business Studies.

Where are you working this summer and what is your role? What does it usually entail?

Bellevue Communications Group. As one of two interns in the office, I come in three times a week to assist the account executives. I work closely with one account executive, Alex Styer which allows me to be hands-on with all of his clients and various projects. On days when I’m not in the office drafting press releases or coming up with social media content for different clients, I get to go with him to press engagements, ribbon cutting ceremonies, client meetings, etc.

How did you find out about this opportunity?

I found this internship last fall through SMConnect. It’s a really great tool for Temple students to find internship and job opportunities in their respective fields. The site also reviews your resume/cover letters before you send them out to employers, which is super helpful and ensures employers will be seeing your best work.

Where are you from?

Maplewood, New Jersey

What are your professional goals – a career in a particular industry, a graduate degree in a specific field, etc.?

Not sure yet!

When you’re on campus, what student activities are you involved in?

I’m the Marketing/Promotions Chair for Temple University’s Black Public Relations Society (TUBPRS) and an Account Associate at PRowl Public Relations, Temple’s first and only student run PR firm.

Can you provide your Twitter and Instagram handles, if you have them?

Twitter: @staceymotachwa Instagram: @staxxmontana