Twitter Takeover #2 – Julia Ostrovsky

This summer the Career Center is featuring weekly Takeovers of our Twitter account by the best and brightest Temple students who will walk us through a ‘day in the life’ at their summer internship or job. Our second Takeover takes place on Tuesday, June 28 and features Temple sophomore Julia Ostrovsky, an Owl Team Leader helping new Temple students familiarize themselves with campus during orientation. Learn a little more about Julia below, and make sure you’re following @templecareers on Twitter on Tuesday!

Julia Ostrovsky Picture

What’s your major here at Temple?

My major is Advertising and I have a minor in Public Relations

Where are you working this summer and what is your role?

I am working at Temple University’s Office of Orientation and New Student Programs as an Owl Team Leader. My role is to work with small orientation groups to facilitate activities and discussions that will assist with students’ transition into Temple University. The people that I work with include traditional and non-traditional incoming students, transfer students, and parents/families/support systems.

Where are you from?

I’m originally from Baltimore, Maryland

What are your professional goals?

I’m still trying to figure it out. Although I really value the creativity aspect of Advertising, being on Owl Team is causing me to genuinely consider going into Higher Education.