Twitter Takeover #1 – Maggie Wurst

This summer the Career Center is featuring weekly Takeovers of our Twitter account by the best and brightest Temple students who will walk us through a ‘day in the life’ at their summer internship. Our first Takeover takes place on Tuesday, June 21 and features Temple student Maggie Wurst, a rising senior enrolled in Temple’s 4 Plus 1 Master’s Program. Learn a little more about Maggie below, and make sure you follow @templecareers on Twitter every Tuesday!

Maggie Wurst Professional Headshot

What’s your major?

My undergraduate major is strategic communication with a concentration in public relations and a minor in sociology. The 4 Plus 1 program I am completing is the Master of Journalism program.

Where are you interning and what is your role?

I am interning with FluidEdge Consulting, a healthcare-focused consulting agency located in Malvern, PA. As an intern, I have been working on creating copy for the company’s new website, specifically by writing articles that are featured on the new site. I have also been researching best practices for digitally marketing our services and news to our target audiences.

Where are you from?

I am from Telford, PA, which is a suburban town about an hour away from Temple University.

What are your professional goals – a career in a particular industry, a graduate degree in a specific field, etc.? 

I am greatly interested in going into healthcare communications when I graduate from college. My dream is to work as the head of communications at a hospital, and in the future, I hope to return to college to complete a second master’s degree in public health. This is my seventh professional endeavor throughout my collegiate career, and I am honored to have had so many opportunities to grow professionally at Temple University!