Our dental hygiene is an integral and significant element of our overall bodily health and wellbeing. Do you feel energized and refreshed after brushing your teeth, no matter how difficult it was to drag yourself out of bed?
You see, the simple act of brushing our teeth is intensely invigorating for our senses. And if you have sensitive teeth that ache or clench excessively, your dental hygiene is all the more significant. Similarly, if you are a chain-smoker, your teeth will likely be highly sensitive and stained with nicotine stains.
People with teeth sensitivity and smokers with discolored and stained teeth are always on the hunt for an effective whitening toothpastethat genuinely delivers on its promises. The global market is abuzz with numerous brands and tubes of toothpaste that claim to whiten our teeth, but very few perform their claims.
This article will walk you through certain elements that you need to identify while shopping for toothpaste and the risk factors certain ingredients can pose to compromise your health and wellbeing.
Here’s everything you need to know.
Health Considerations ; Safety Practices
It is crucial to remind modern-day consumers of the need for transparency and effectiveness. It is essential to seek out utility and try products for yourself before buying into claims. While picking out a toothpaste brand, there are various elements that you have to prioritize to protect your dental hygiene and physical wellbeing.
A responsibly crafted toothpaste to provide people with sensitive teeth with a superior dental hygiene solution is designed with safety and the highest quality.
What are these health considerations?
- 100% vegan-free
- Made with cruelty-free manufacturing processes
- Non-GMO formula
- Gluten-free ingredients
- Responsibly made with close attention to hygiene and safe practices
Cruelty-Free ; Responsibly Made
Vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free have lately emerged as catchwords to attract and entrap consumers conscious and mindful of society and the environment. It is crucial to seek a toothpaste brand formulated with close and diligent attention to quality sourcing and healthy dental hygiene.
You need to ask yourself: Does my toothpaste brand include any harmful and unnecessary ingredients used to build a nice, sweet flavor, as standard in most toothpaste brands? Does it offer a healthier, mindful, and cleaner approach to building conscious dental hygiene?
But what are these “harmful” ingredients that a healthy toothpaste does NOT include?
It should not include Pegs, a commonly occurring ingredient in anti-freeze, associated with endocrine complications.
- The formula should not contain sugar, which is commonly added to make toothpaste taste sweeter and enjoyable. Sugar is associated with an increased risk of plaque buildup, which promotes tooth and gum decay.
- The toothpaste should be 100% devoid of parabens, which are associated with the risk factors of developing cancerous tumors in the mouth.
- It does not include carrageenan, which is linked with various digestive ailments and inflammation.
- The formula must be devoid of SLS foaming agent, promoting dryness and inflammation and eliminating the mouth’s natural taste receptors. SLS foaming agent is also associated with the risk factors of canker sores.
- Sulfates are another harmful ingredient you need to watch out for as they give rise to dental irritation and damage oral tissues. Sulfates are also associated with the risk of canker sores.
- The formula should not contain alcohol as it is associated with excessive mouth dryness, which creates an ideal environment for bacteria to thrive.
- Your toothpaste should not feature any triclosan, which is linked with a compromised immune system.
- It is crucial to pay close attention to the ingredients found in our toothpaste that can cause grave harm to our mental, physical and emotional health. The factors mentioned above will help you pick out a healthier and safer alternative to most mainstream toothpaste brands.