About Me!

My name is Daria Brooke Hodies, and I am a passionate writer and creator. I have been writing for as long as I can remember, and decided that it was time to archive my writing on a blog.

I grew up in the suburbs of Virginia as an avid writer and copy editor for my school’s various newspapers, magazines, and yearbooks. I now attend Temple University, with a major in communications and a media environments track. Throughout my time at Temple, I have taken various creative writing classes that have expanded my knowledge and interest in the writing craft. My latest writing endeavors include writing poetry, and having my work published through Temple’s Lunar Lit Mag.

With my degree, my career aspirations are to be an entertainment journalist. I would also like to publish my own collections of poetry and freelance writings in a book.

I’m a hopeless romantic. I’ve written love letters and made quote books for those I have fallen for, and those who I look up to. I’m a dreamer, and am constantly reaching for the stars. I have a large interest in film and fashion. I believe music heals, and have met a few of my own heroes on several occasions. I feel most at home when I’m at a concert, and I enjoy dancing to my hearts content, even though I’m not very good.

I was raised Jewish, and have family roots in Russia, Poland, and Greece. I look exactly like my paternal grandmother, and have intense beliefs about the universe. I’m into astrology, I use tarot cards, and like to collect crystals. I have strong values about my love for my family and friends.

I have two tattoos, but am looking to get more. I like having fake nails and singing to myself when I’m home alone. I do believe Disney World is the happiest place on earth, and have a self diagnosed caffeinated beverage addiction. I love my two dogs, Raine and Scout, more than anything.

If there’s one thing I believe more than anything, it’s connection. So many of the people I adore have made me feel something when I didn’t think I could anymore. Being relatable is something that I think helps people on another level. I hope my writings can provide people with understanding, comfort, and whatever feelings come with that. I was saved so many times by art, and it’s my turn to give back

I hope you all enjoy my writings. Thank you for taking the time to read my work.

Sending love,

Daria Brooke Hodies