About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Aimee Penner, and I am a senior at Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management. Since I was 15 years old, I have been in the customer service industry.  My first job was as a camp counselor overseeing a group of 15-20 girls and assisting them in day to day activities. I had to maintain great relationships with their parents and my co-counselors. In high school, I participated in DECA and moved on to the state conference and placed 3rd in one of the events. Competing in DECA sparked my interest in the service industry as a career path.

In October 2017, I started working at Staybridge Suites. This was my first experience in the hotel industry, and I gained a lot of experience on Opera and dealing with customer service situations. After the completion of my internship, I started working at Hyatt Place in May 2018. At Hyatt Place, I am responsible for checking in guests, making food from our gallery menu, and making drinks from our bar menu. I have worked in housekeeping-flipping rooms and inspecting them.

I am interested in working in the sales department. I shadowed my Director of Sales this summer and went with her to our existing clients. She gave me great advice on how to make room blocks, maintain great relationships with clients, and cold calling potential prospects. However, I am open to exploring all avenues of the hotel industry and am excited to start my internship in the spring semester.

My skill sets include an extensive knowledge on the property management system, Opera, Hyatt’s Reserve, Hyatt’s Colleague Advantage, POS systems, and Microsoft Office. I possess strong leadership skills, critical thinking skills, customer service skills, and communication skills.