Pervasive high speed wireless networks, powerful mobile devices, and scalable cloud computing resources has led to the rise of a new area typically known as mobile cloud computing (MCC). In a MCC ecosystem, all three technologies are seamlessly combined together, giving rise to new applications. A mobile cloud computing for healthcare (MCCH) system is a specific MCC system that focuses on healthcare and wellness applications.
Healthcare informatics require systems with stringent requirements (security, reliability, fault tolerant, QoS, etc.). The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for scientists, researchers, and practitioners working in the areas of MCC in healthcare to share and exchange ideas, experiences, and lessons leant.
Note that submissions do not need to incorporate all three areas (mobile, cloud, wireless), but must be related to healthcare.
Topics of interest for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- MCCH prototype systems
- Programming models for MCCH applications
- Security and privacy for regulatory compliance and/or novel threats to MCCH applications
- Algorithmic foundations for MCCH applications
- Algorithms and techniques to provide and validate Quality of service (QoS) for MCCH applications
- Fault tolerant, resilient systems, algorithm, and protocol design for MCCH applications
- Coexistence of heterogeneous systems (e.g. wireless standards, hardware, etc) in MCCH systems
- Real world MCCH application deployment experiences and lessons
- Data management, cleaning, and mining of MCCH generated data streams
- Health information technology (HIT) and MCCH
Papers must adhere to the IEEE Proceedings Format available for LaTex and Word. Changing the template’s font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing is prohibited. Each paper must be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper. The page limit is no more than 6 pages.
All paper submissions will be handled electronically by the EasyChair conference management system. Papers should be submitted via the EasyChair WMCCH2013 page:
here (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wmcch2013 )
Chiu C. Tan Temple University
Mengjun Xie University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Vandana Janeja, University of Maryland-Baltimore County, USA
Aravind Kailas, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Yantao Li, Southwest University, China
Imad Mahgoub, Florida Atlantic University, USA
Linh Thi Xuan Phan, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Upkar Varshney, Georgia State University, USA
Jinyuan Sun, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, USA
Jun Suzuki, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
Laurie Williams, North Carolina State University, USA
Mengjun Xie, University of Arkansas-Little Rock, USA
Steering Committee Chair
Jie Wu Temple University