General Information about Learning Coach Training
SFW is implemented locally through lead agencies called Approved Providers and they will schedule a Learning Coach training directly through Temple University Harrisburg. The training is usually 1 full day for New Learning Coaches and ½ day for update training for certified Learning Coaches. Please contact your Approved Provider for the details of the next available Learning Coach Training.
Requirements for becoming a Learning Coach
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and experience working with families or family serving organizations.
- The support of your employer to participate in the SFW Credentialing and Training Program.
- The support from a Lead Agency or Approved Provider.
- An understanding of and a commitment to the strengths-based, family development, empowerment model.
- After the training has been completed the trained individual has an obligation to submit a letter of commitment, agreeing to uphold SFW policies and procedures that will lead to fidelity in application of the SFW
For more information about implementing SFW Programs:
Contact the National Family Development Program at Temple University – Harrisburg for information about becoming a Lead Agency, an Instructor or a Learning Coach. Specific training is required for each of these roles which make up a local implementation team.
To find out more about Pennsylvania SFW Programs, contact Myka Piatt or Amy Wolfberg: (717) 232-6400
To find out more about National SFW Programs, contact Andrea Warner: (717) 232-6400
Email: Andrea Warner – Andrea Warner
There is additional information about SFW for workers at the following link: