Frequently Asked Document Upload Questions

Q: I have received the Upload Fail Message after attempting to upload a document, what do I do?

A: First, check that the file type you choose is one that the SFS channel can accept. If you are still having issues with the upload and receive the upload fail message repeatedly, you can contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 1-215-204-8000. NOTE: The CS help desk will only be able to assist with technical questions. If you have a financial aid related question, you should contact Student Financial Services.

Q: What kind of File Types Can I Upload?

A: Picture Files  (.jpg ,.jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .jpeg, .png, .gif), Microsoft Word Files (.Doc, .Docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx), Adobe files (.pdf), Open Document Format (.odf), and Microsoft document image files (.xps) 

Q: What Happens to my document after it is uploaded?

A: Your document will instantly be sent to Temple University’s secure file storage area where only authorized staff will be able to review the information for completeness.

Q: I have a paper document, where and how can I scan it to a computer?

A: In the Tech Center, there are multiple scanners available. Or, many smart phones now have apps available for download that can take a picture and turn it into a picture or a .pdf.

Q: How can I combine multiple PDF’s into one file?

A: If you have multiple .pdf files, and want to turn them into one combined file, first look to see whether you have Adobe Acrobat Standard or Adobe Acrobat Pro on your computer. (If you are a Temple Student, any computer in the Tech center has this software.)

If you have the software available, you can follow adobe.com instructions here.

If you do not have the Adobe software available, you can use the trial version of any number of downloadable programs to combine pdfs. A variety of options can be found through a google search for “combining pdf files”. A commonly used program is listed here.

Q: How can I combine multiple image files into one document?

A: Copy the separate image files into one powerpoint or word document. Then, save the powerpoint or word doc and upload it.

Q: Is the SFS channel upload secure?

A: Yes. TUportal is a secure website, and your document is transported from TUPortal into Xtender, a secure file storage area where only authorized staff can access the information.

This entry was posted in All, Document Upload Questions. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.